Hello, my Lovelies,
This is going to be a long one…So grab your favorite drink & snack and let’s dive in. I get asked literally on a daily about the products I use for my everyday look. I am a creature of habit and when I find a good thing that works for me I keep it in my arsenal. Unless I am creating a look, I stick to a few products. Before, we dive into the products I should tell you about my skin type. I have combination skin. This means I can be normal or dry in some areas and greasy in other areas like my T zone. My go-to products have of course changed over the years but here is a list of my everyday products & why I love them.
1) At the top of my list but in no particular order is my all-time favorite foundation. Kat Von D’s Lock-it Foundation is a matte full-coverage liquid foundation. I have seriously loved this foundation for a few years now. I first bought it at IMATS (International Make-up Artists Trade Show) because it was a matte foundation. I found that a lot of foundations claim to be matte but end up being greasy after a couple hours even after setting. I need matte because of my T zone, it can get oily and I hate that. I love a matte or demi-matte look. Plus it stays all day on my skin.
Kat Von D Lock-it Foundation ~ retails for $37
Off the KVD Website- Experience the one and only vegan, full-coverage liquid foundation that delivers extreme perfection with just a droplet. Lock-It Foundation gives you a gorgeous, full-coverage face that stays flawless all day without touching up. Transfer-resistant wear means you can trust Lock-It Foundation to stay on your face, not on your clothes or anyone else. Here is the link Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation
2) I have no eyebrows…LOL, I was one of those dumb teens who plucked them away. When looking back, I had beautiful eyebrows. Anyways, because of that I now have to create my own brows and shape myself…I can say that I have perfected it. I used to do a thin line like a Chola lol years ago which is fine if that’s what you like. I’m into bold high arch brows that’s just my personal style. Another Kat Von D product I love is her 24-hour Super Brow Pomade. I swear a little goes a long way with this product. It is so amazing and glides on so smooth for a waterproof finish. WATERPROOF, that’s what I love most and how pigmented it is.
Kat Von D 24hr Super Brow Pomade ~ retails for $20
Off the KVD Website- KVD Super Brow is your secret weapon for bold brows with a high-impact look and all-day-long wear. KVD Vegan Beauty stretched the boundaries of innovation to create the weightless, waterproof formula we’ve always wanted but haven’t been able to find. Saturated with as much pigment as possible, this high-pigment brow pomade delivers extreme long-wear brows that don’t come off until you want them to. Here is the link KVD Super Brow Extreme Long-Wear Pomade
3) I am obsessed with this next product. I just love how versatile it is and love sculpting my face with it. The 4 bronzers, 2 shimmer & 2 mattes are so beautiful and can be used on any skin tones. There are also to matte highlighters for shine & correcting. I love that nice all-around chiseled look and this palette is just perfect for it. I also, tend to use it as a shadow on my eyes to complete my look.
Park Ave Princess by Tarte ~ retails for $45
4) Going back to what I was saying about my combination skin. I am always oily around my T zone and I hate it. I have searched for so long for a primer that delivers the actual matte results the product claims it has. I think I finally found it after years. Trust me I have tried a lot of them and Becca’s Evermatte is the only product I have seen that delivers on that. I have been raving about it to anyone who has the same problems as me. Another product that a little goes a long way. This is not your average primer. This primer is only meant to be put on your more oily areas. So again only my T zone. It’s amazing and leaves my skin matte all day long. This is a must-buy for those of you who have these issues. So worth the price.
Becca Evermatte poreless priming perfector ~ retails for $39
Off the Becca Cosmetics website- A mattifying liquid primer that blurs the look of pores and absorbs excess oil for up to 12 hours. Here is the link Becca Evermatte poreless priming perfector
5) Another Tarte product I wish I found sooner is the Creaseless Concealer. I have issues with crows feet around my eyes aka creases on the inner corner of my eyes and I’ve always hated it. I just figured I would try it not thinking it would work but YES IT DID. It’s a somewhat thick formula so again a little goes a long way. I love that it is also vegan. This is an amazing concealer. I highly recommend it.
Tarte Creaseless Concealer ~ retails for $26
Off the Tarte website- Completely covers dark circles, hyperpigmentation & redness, Waterproof formula doesn’t crease or sit in fine lines #Flowerpowered by vitamin C-rich maracuja for firmer, brighter & smoother-looking skin. Here is the link Tarte Creaseless Concealer
6) This is a fairly new product from MAC Cosmetics but I fell in love with it. This prep & prime setting spray has gold pearlescent pearls in it which adds a beautiful glow to your skin while setting your make-up. I seriously love it. They also have a pink pearlescent and a matte one as well. I ended getting the Matte and Goldlite. Obsessed is not the word.
Mac Fix+ Prep +Prime Goldlite ~ retails for $28
Off the MAC Cosmetics website- Fan-favourite Fix+ is now infused with pearlescent particles for the ultimate glow. This formula still carries all the hydrating, soothing and refreshing benefits of the original version and improves the wear of makeup up to 12 hours, along with the addition of pearl for an ultra-illuminating effect on the skin. Skin looks both healthy and radiant. Here is the link Mac Fix+ Prep +Prime Goldlite
7) So not makeup related but I had to put this in there because it is my signature smell or at least one of them. People always ask me when are you wearing when they pass me by and it’s always funny telling them “Tease”. Tease by Victoria’s Secret has such a beautiful smell and I literally only spritz 2 times and I smell it all day. I also love that it came with an Atomizer which emits a fine spray. I love this scent so much.
Victoria’s Secret Noir Tease ~ retails for $58
Off Victoria’s Secret website- There’s nothing more personal than a fragrance—you want yours to enhance your individuality. That’s why it was important to us to make sure Tease created a unique signature on each woman who wears it. We started with gardenia petals spiked with Black Vanilla. The unexpected bite of Frozen Pear. A touch of Sandalwood. Warm yet fresh, the notes amplify in reaction to your body heat, so the fragrance blooms on skin. It’s instantly addictive. And totally you. Here is the link Victoria’s Secret Noir Tease
8) I have been going crazy over the Fenty Beauty Flyliner since it came out. I ordered it the first day it was released and haven’t used anything since. This liner is so damn pigmented, glides on so smooth and drys down fast for a water-resistant finish. I love the angled felt tip and how long it is. Makes creating that winged liner sharp enough to cut you so easy.
Fenty Beauty Flyliner in Cuz I’m Black ~ $22
Off the Fenty Beauty website- A hyper-saturated, water-resistant liquid eyeliner with an innovative flex tip and easy-grip triangle shape for an effortless no-limit lining that lasts. Experience the crisp color intensity of a liquid plus the glide of a gel in one long-wearing, water-resistant formula that dries fast and won’t fade or transfer until you say when. Here is the link Fenty Beauty Flyliner in Cuz I’m Black
9) This next product is my favorite lip balm. I have tried many and for some reason, none have made my lips feel as amazing as the EOS Lip. Not to mention they smell AMAZING. There is a large range of flavors/smells so easy to find favs. I have to say my favorite is the vanilla mint. I like the cooling sensation that mint gives and the vanilla smell of it. They’re Organic as well as SPF lip balms which is great as well.
EOS Lip Balm ~ retails for $2.99 – $5.99
Off the Evolutions of Smooth website- When it comes to lip balms, we’re obsessed. Like, really, really obsessed. We always have been, so we’ve tried all the basic and boring lip balms out there. But when we started eos, it was because we wanted something new. Something fresh. Something that not only gave us the confidence and pleasure of having soft and smooth lips but also added a touch of delight to our days (and doubled as a kickass accessory to our outfits, obvi). So, we took a step back to focus on the entire lip balm experience and the ethos of eos was born – and with it, the first beautiful lip balm began to take shape, literally. The result? An eye-catching balm with a variety of flavors sure to deliver a smile while moisturizing and protecting your lips. Basic? Not so much. Beautiful? Well, you know. Here is the link EOS Lip Balm
10) Finally, on to the last item…Disclaimer this item is no longer available but it was an amazing buy that I still use to this day. I had to put this in because it combined two of my favorites, Highlighter & Makeup Artist. Ourfa Zinali is hands down one of my favorite makeup artists and she collaborated with Mac Daddy owner of Artist Couture. Together they created this amazing set of loose Highlighters and I just had to get it.
Artist Couture x Ourfa Zinali ~ I do not remember how much I paid for this box set as it was a long time ago & “Slaynali” is no longer available BUT the other 4 (Illuminati, Coco Bling, Yasss! & Supernova) is still available on the website. Here is the link Artist Couture
I told you this would be a long one lol…If you would like to see swatches or looks created with any of the items I blog about please let me know in the comments below.
What do you guys think about me creating a YouTube Channel?
Thank you for reading & don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss a new post.